Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Orono Tasting Bee

By: Melanie Brooks

Last night I headed over to Asa Adams School in Orono for the Tasting Bee benefiting the new Orono Public Library. Never having been to a Tasting Bee I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I was glad I didn't have to spell anything!


The line was long and the tables were packed! For $10 ($5 for kids) people sampled food from Lissus Pizza, Governor's, Woodman's Grill, Harvest Moon Deli, The Sports Cafe, Pat's, and Margarita's.


The folks over at Harvest Moon sure know how to make a sandwich! Their potato salad was pretty darn tasty, too!


Not only did Margarita's bring their mouthwatering fajitas...they brought sombreros to share!


One of my local favorites, Woodman's brought some of their divine spinach and artichoke dip as well as some fried fish. My friend Jenn and I headed over there after the Bee for one of their delicious martinis.


As you can see our plates were pretty loaded down with food and we left with full bellies. Good food + good company + a good cause = a good night!

0 comments: