Thursday, May 21, 2009

DEADLINE!

By: Melanie Brooks

Bangor Metro's global headquarters at One Cumberland Place has been working on all cylinders this week. Christine, Justin, and Michelle have been finalizing the ads for our June/July issue and starting to sell for August, September, and the holidays. Tori has finally finished writing her awe-inspiring 30-page tribute to Bangor's history and Sandy, our designer, has been putting the finishing touches on each of the pages, for the past two days. Leslie and Annaliese, both of whom were on vacation for part of last week and the beginning of this week, have been working overtime to catch up on their photo editing and proofreading duties.

And as for me -- what have I been doing? A little bit of everything as you can see from this photo of my desk.


Who was it that said that a messy office is a sign of high productivity? I know I've heard that somewhere...

The production staff worked late into the evening last night (seriously...I didn't get home until 10:15) to make our 4:30 pm deadline today. This afternoon, come hell or high water, we will be sending this 140-page monster-of-an-issue to the printer. It will land in your mailboxes and on the newsstands in a few weeks. I am so proud of this historical issue! Tori has been working tirelessly for over a month, reading books and articles on the history of Bangor and combing through hundreds of photos with Dana Lippitt at the Bangor Museum and History Center. It looks fantastic and I know our readers are going to love it!

As a teaser I have put together a slideshow with some of the photos we used for the history section below. I do hope you pick up the June/July issue and read through it. I promise you you'll learn something about Bangor that you never imagined.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the story...and your putting photos of your desk online is almost as bad as me putting photos of my closet online...

jbsonnenberg said...

can't wait to see the BIG issue!