Monday, May 3, 2010

Anah Temple Shrine Circus

By Melanie Brooks

On Sunday, my mother and I took my 3-year-old niece, Ayda, to the circus. The clowns terrified her beyond the point of reason last year, so we made sure to talk a lot about how friendly and nice the clowns really were on the way to the show this year. Still, she didn't like them and clung to me like a baby monkey.

I hadn't been to the circus in years but the smell of popcorn, cotton candy, and plastic toys brought me back to my 10-year-old self. Luckily Ayda didn't clamor for a gigantic blow-up alien or a light up butterfly. I did get us a sno-cone however, as the auditorium severely lacked in fresh air with all the bodies stuffed in there for the show.

While Ayda enjoyed the tigers and dog acts, my favorite was the young hula hooper. She was amazing! I posted some photos of her below in the slideshow. The clowns, as always, were a major part of the show and spent about an hour before the show greeting people outside the auditorium as well as blowing up balloons inside the auditorium and sending them sailing into the crowd. The kids loved it and even some of the parents got into it, reaching for the floating balloons just out of their grasp.



Check out Bangor Metro's facebook page for more photos!

0 comments: