Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Getting into the holiday spirit

By Melanie Brooks

I don't know what it is but this year I'm more excited about the holidays than I usually am. Maybe it's because I'm celebrating in my own house this year for the first time. Maybe it's because I'm on a diet and lusting after holiday goodies. Maybe it's because I'm actually done my Christmas shopping and I'm looking forward to giving my friends and family their gifts. Whatever it is, I'm cheerful.

To satiate my hunger for all things holiday I have decided to take a couple of fun classes to get my creative juices flowing. I signed up for a Gingerbread House making class with Carmen Montes (from Montes International Gourmet Cafe) at Pairings in Winterport. I absolutely love getting lunch at Montes and if her baking and decorating skills are anything like her delicious lunch menu I know I'm in for a treat. The two classes fall on November 10th and 17th (with some spillover into the Mondays before if there are too many students) and each class costs $15.00. Click here to register.

I also just heard about floral arrangement classes at Chapel Hill Floral. They have four different holiday projects for you to try throughout November and December. Classes run between $20 and $25 depending on the project. I've always wanted to try my hand at floral arrangements and it looks like this is my chance. Click here to learn more.

0 comments: