Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Coffee Pot Cafe

By Melanie Brooks

My family has been enjoying sandwiches from the Coffee Pot for years. So when Skip Rist decided to close his deli on State Street we were all mourning the loss of a treasured treat. I was skeptical of all of the Copy Pots that sprung up around the area -- and I never tried any. To me, they couldn't match the original so why bother.


But today I grabbed Sidekick Shane (who had never had a Coffee Pot) and took us to the Coffee Pot Cafe to feed my nostalgia.

Located in the sidecar building to Bangor Savings Bank on Broadway, the Coffee Pot Cafe has a prime location. And much to my delight on this rainy Wednesday, there was ample space inside the building for the line. No more snaking around the building! The best addition, in my humble opinion, is the drive through window. Call ahead, order your sandwich(s), and avoid standing in line all together!


We took our sandwiches back to Bangor Metro world headquarters and dug in. It was the same onion-y goodness that I had expected. It was all at once a sigh of relief and a sigh of contentment. Welcome back Coffee Pot! Lunch just wasn't the same without you.

1 comments:

jbs said...

AND you can pay with plastic!! let's not forget that handy update.