Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer in Stonington

By Melanie Brooks

This summer my family rented an old farmhouse in Stonington. The location is ideal -- right across the street from a rather private beach -- and close enough to town to make for a nice walk. The house has no television or Internet access. In fact, my cell phone didn't even work which provided a glint of stress at first but was kind of nice as the days wore on.

Today my father and brother-in-law went kayaking while my sister and I took naps on the beach. My mom used my watercolor pencils to capture the lupines that grow in the front yard while my 2-year-old niece took a much needed nap. We explored the island on foot and by car and ended up at Nervous Nellie's Jams and Jellies. If you're ever on Deer Isle you HAVE to stop in.

Here are some photos I took over the weekend:

0 comments: