Monday, July 20, 2009

One potato, two potato, three potato, four...

By Melanie Brooks

I spent Friday and Saturday up in The County doing some research and reporting for future issues of Bangor Metro. On Friday night I was invited to attend the Annual Maine Potato Growers Dinner, which was lip-smackin' good. I caught a glimpse of all the local Maine Potato Blossom Queen contestants and picked the brains of some local potato farmers and their wives.

The auditorium was decorated with hanging potato sacks, and I took the chance to get photos of most of them. Below are four of my favorites...which one is yours?


2 comments:

Shane said...

Alright, so... which one was *your* favorite? Be sure to share your pick at some point, if not right off.

melanie said...

I voted for "County Boy" -- i find his bushy blond hair and happy smile infectious!