Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bangor Metro's Super Softball Team!

By Melanie Brooks

I had no idea the company I work for was sponsoring a softball team this summer. Had I had I would have made it mandatory for the team to include me in their roster! Since none of us here at Bangor Metro's world headquarters have a clue who is playing under our name, I grabbed my friend Shane Leonard and headed over to Brewer Tuesday night to check out the action.


Don't let the girly pink uniforms throw you -- these guys are fierce! Check out that form! Knees bent, legs shoulder width apart, back straight...no wonder they're undefeated so far this season.


The socks were my favorite part of the uniform. The pink and red sort of clash on this guy, but softball fashion is more about function than form...


Shane and I had a good time working our cameras despite the mosquitoes. Both of us need a little practice covering sporting events but this action shot by Shane was one of my favorites.


The only snag of the evening was the fact that I brought my dog Miles to the game. I was politely informed that dogs weren't allowed at the field, much to my dismay. We made a new friend before we decided to duck the bugs and head home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are they affraid that this little dog is going to chase balls? they're bigger than he is!!

mainebuzz said...

Yeah, no clue why my 5-pounder wasn't allowed. He's more like a cat, really.